- And Jonah was greatly (cognate internal accusative) distressed (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) and there was anger (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) in him.
- And Jonah prayed (3ms Hith wayiqqtol) to YHWH and he said, “Now, YHWH is this not what I said (lit. my word) when I was (Qal infin cons + 1cs suff) in my land? And for this reason I previously (1cs Piel perf) fled (Qal infin cons) to Tarshish because I know (1cs Qal perf) that you, YHWH, [are] a God of grace and compassion, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and relenting (ms Niph pcpl) from calamity.
- And now, YHWH, take (ms Qal imptv) my life from me because my death is better than my life.”
- And YHWH said, “Is it good (Hiph infin abs + interog part.) that you are angry (lit. there is anger to you).
- And Jonah went out (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) from the city and he sat (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) to the East of the city and he made (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) for himself there a shelter and he sat (3ms Qal wayiqqtol) under it in the shade, until he might see (3ms Qal imperfect – modal) what will happen (3ms Qal imperf) to the city.