- And YHWH appointed (3ms Qal Piel wayiqqtol) a great fish to swallow (Qal infin cons) Jonah and Jonah was in the (do def art.) belly of the fish three days and three nights.
- And Jonah prayed (3ms Hith wayiqqtol) to YHWH from the belly of the fish (fem).
- And he said,
I called out (1cs Qal perf) from my distress to YHWH and he heard me (3ms Qal wayiqqtol + 1cs suff)
from the belly of Sheol I called for help (1cs Piel perf) your heard (2ms Qal perf) my voice
- You threw me (2ms Hiphil wayiqqtol + 1cs suff) to the pit, to the heart of the seas
the waves encompass me (3ms Polel imperf + 1cs suff)
All you breakers and your waves passed over (3mp Qal perfect) me.
- And I said (1cs Qal perf), “I am cast out (1cs Niphal perf) from before your eyes.”
Surely I will look (Hiph infin cons) again (1cs Hiph impf) to your holy temple.
- The seas surround me (3mp Qal perf) upto my neck, the waters encompass me (3ms Polel imperf)
Sea weed is wrapped (ms Qal pass pcpl) to my head.
To the feet of the mountains
- I went down (1cs Qal perf).
The bars of the underworld are in on me forever.
You brought up (2ms Hiph wayiqqtol) my life from the pit.